CURRENTLY A.T.O.M hosts a Sunday gathering at 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. at Centre on C, 6000 C street- with a different speaker each week on various topics and teachings of harmony with Mind, Body and Spirit. The also support various events throughout the month. See our other pages on our website for a more thorough guide of what we offer and support.
A Brief History
A.T.O.M. Center was founded in 1971 to help meet the Spiritual and Metaphysical needs of Alaska. It was Incorporated in 1981 as a Non-Profit 501(c)3 organization.
A.T.O.M. Spiritual Resource Center and Library By Laws
The IDEAL of the A.T.O.M. Spiritual Resource Center and Library is:
To seek and apply the complete harmony and basic oneness of GOD and man as revealed through the ancient teachings of masters; and to show that these principals of truth are the common scientific foundation of true faith.
To point out the one divine path to which all paths of true spiritual beliefs eventually lead: the path of daily, scientific, devotional meditation of GOD.
To help liberate man from his three-fold suffering: physical disease, mental unharmonious, and spiritual ignorance.
To help erase fear and confusion, from the minds of people, beginning with our own.
To encourage “simple living and creative spiritual thinking;” and to disseminate a spirit of brotherhood among all people by teaching the eternal basis of their unity: kinship with God.
To demonstrate the superiority of mind over body, of soul over mind, of spirit over soul, and of God over all.
To overcome evil with good, sorrow with Joy, cruelty with kindness, ignorance with wisdom, and violence with love.
To encourage and assist science, philosophy and religion to unite in the discovery, research, study practice, and teaching of realization of the unity of their underlying principles.
To advocate cultural and spiritual understanding between East and West, and the exchange of their finest distinctive features.
To disseminate among all peoples a knowledge of definite techniques for attaining direct personal experience of God.
To teach that the purpose of life is the evolution, through self-effort, of man’s limited mortal consciousness into God-Consciousness; and to this end to establish and provide a place of regular spiritual worship, meditation, and prayer; where classes, courses, and other forms of spiritual instruction may be regularly and consistently conducted; and to encourage the establishment of individual temples of worship, prayer, and meditation in the homes and in the hearts of men.
To serve mankind as one’s Higher Self.
In order to attain to and achieve the foregoing ideal, the purpose of the A.T.O.M. Spiritual Resource Center and Library is set forth as follows:
1. To establish, provide, and regularly conduct periods of prayer, meditation, spiritual worship, and other appropriate forms of spiritual communication.
2. To teach by daily living the application of spiritual and natural law by consistently practicing the disciplines of the ancient teachings and incorporating these teachings into the activities and experience of everyday life.
3. To develop and participate in a regular program of creative, mystical prayer and active meditation.
4. To develop and establish a program of spiritual instruction based upon and consistent with the ancient and sacred teachings as recorded in the sacred literature of the world.
5. To develop, establish, and maintain an inter-disciplinary program of spiritual healing and research consistent with the ancient and sacred teachings, recognizing the place of faith as a positive factor in mental, emotional, and physical health; and encourage cooperation between the allopathic medical profession and other holistic healing professions, as well as between traditional religious leadership and the metaphysical and esoteric communities.
6. To make available the services of the ministers, teachers, and other participants to provide appropriate private spiritual, family and personal counseling to those who request it.
7. To help support the readings ministry and teaching programs of michael francis.
8. To provide and maintain within its ability to do so, a quite sanctuary containing appropriate spiritual literature and information where those who seek spiritual guidance and inspiration in this manner may worship according to their needs.
9. To discover, research, study, and apply the Ancient Teachings and spiritual realities; to advance its fellowship and others in their understanding and experiencing of God; to become aware of the nature of our spiritual being-ness; to develop and foster a very real and practical relationship with ourselves, with God, and with all mankind.
10. To organizer and direct various (volunteer) projects, such as a Readings Transcription Project and a Publications Project, and other project as determined to be necessary in order to appropriately disseminate and distribute the Teachings as received through the Foundation’s Readings Ministry and Teaching Programs.
11. To provide appropriate facilities for, and secure the services of other channels, spiritual teachers, lecturers, ministers, healers, and other persons, of competence and ability to carry on and sustain the spiritual work of the Foundation.
12. To provide a spiritual environment for developing and exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor. 12 and 13)2
13. To teach and practice discrimination in all things:
a. To know, practice and teach the difference between “spiritual” and “psychic” perception; to discourage attempts to develop psychic powers as an end in itself; to recognize there is only one path to true perceptivity, which is through the pursuit and application of Truth or Spiritual insight, by whatever means that is most suited to the individual;
b. To discriminate between methods of training, and self-training which is beneficial and those which are either useless, dangerous, or misleading in the quest for Truth.
14. To encourage and demonstrate by example moral standards of excellence among its teachers, administrators, directors, and participants that are consistent with God’s teaching as revealed in the Bible and other sacred literature;
And To encourage its teachers and practitioners to develop and practice those methods and techniques which effectively demonstrate appropriate standards of ethics regarding mystical and psychic phenomena which may attract curiosity seekers rather than the spiritually hungry; discriminating between the psychic and spiritual in terms of their source and use.
15. To cooperate with like-minded individuals and groups both within and outside the churches, whose principles and ideals are consistent with Truth, the harmony of the Gospels, the commandments of love, and in obedience to Spiritual and Natural Law.
This is the A.T.O.M. Spiritual Resource Center and Library, we believe, called by God for such a time as now.
If the Spirit bears witness with your spirit that this is so, you are invited to bear witness also by your fellowship, your active participation and your public support.
THE GREATEST POWER IN LIFE IS LOVE.
THE GREATEST JOY IN LIFE IS SERVICE.
THE GREATEST BATTLE IN LIFE IS
THE BATTLE AGAINST THE (DESIRED OF) THE LOWER SELF.
TOGETHER, THESE BRING SELF-REALIZATION.
1 – I.E: the Holy Bible; the Talmud; the Torah; the Hadith; the Koran, the Qabalah; the Tao; the Kitab i Iqan; the Mahabharata; the Atharva, Rig, Sawa, and Yajur Vedas; the Principle Upanishads; the Bhakti, Brahma, Jain, Kama, Siva, Vedanta, and Yoga Sutras; the Ashtavakara Gita; and the Bhgavad Gita.
2 – Nine Spiritual Gifts:
Three that say something (gifts of utterance)
Diverse kinds of tongues
Interpretation of tongues
Three that do something (gifts of power)
Gift of faith
The working of miracles
Gifts of healing
Three that reveal something (gifts of revelation)
Gift of the word of wisdom
Gift of the word of knowledge
Gift of the discerning of spirits
3 – This is especially with regard to the spiritual law: “seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matt. 6:33)
As it applies to psychic manifestation.